Monday, May 24, 2010

Sneaks and kicks



Anybody who knows me will know I love basketball. Started balling at 14 with my neighbor Emrys Gau. Damn. We started off with slippers and we didnt really bother untill we started playing with bigger kids and we were like "Damn! we need shoes!" Well, we kindda sucked that time and we placed the blame on our foot gear. So we started wearing our school shoes to play ball. They werent the best choice but we didnt really have anything else better to wear. It wasnt until I was 17 when I decided it was time I got myself a REAL pair or basketball shoes. It wasnt anything to shout about. Picked em up at a Bata store. I wore my shoes straight to the court that day and was playing ball like a goof. Wasnt really used to them yet. So all these years I have gone through shoe after shoe and I have never really complained about any of them. They just wore out too fast for me. Either the sole went out first or the body just ripped. Till this day I really dont know if it was my footwork, the court or the shoes to blame. They barely lasted a year. I have bought over 5 pairs of basketball shoes till this day.

So recently my shoes ripped again and I decided that all my life I have been wearing these shoes prices ranging from 70-100 ringgit. I decided it was about time I treated my self to my first Nike. Here it is.




All my life I have never bothered to notice the difference between basketball shoes. All the times I have been playing ball, I have always been playing the center position . Its cool being the center of attention but that's not what really happens for the guy playing the center position in a basketball game. Whats a center you ask? The tallest DUDE on his team. Its boring. I didnt want to be the last resort. I wanted speed. I wanted to be agile. I wanted to fast break, do cross overs and ankle breakers. So BAM! I went with these. Lower ankle guards and lighter body. Now I am hoping they last longer than they expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment