Monday, May 24, 2010

Stretch

Yes boys and girls, always stretch. I always make sure I stretch before I ball, I stretch before I work out and I stretch before I dance. Stretching is always overlooked as unnecessary and a waste of time. As I grow older, my body is no longer the same as it was 5 years ago. Stretching becomes more vital as time goes by. I have a friend who loves basketball. He is really young like about 16? Recently I heard him walking down the stairs and his ankles were creaking. Damn. I immediately asked him

Do you warm up?

Is it important?

Yes! Listen to your legs!

Ya oh

Do you wear shoes?

No shoes I play basketball barefooted

Damn!

(Out of the kindness of my heart I gave him a pair of shoes I recently bought which I planned to use for jogging)

So boys and girls, STRETCH!

before you run
before you dance
before you ball
before you workout
before you bump and grind

You may feel nothing now when you are young. When you get older, you will feel it when you try to get out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment